Low-Carb Spicy Guacamole Tuna Salad Recipe (Ketogenic)
|It may not look beautiful, but it sure as hell tastes it.|
Calories: 777 (389/serving)
Net Carbs: 7g (4%)
Protein: 55g (31%)
Fat: 58g (65%)
Recipe Type: Main Course, Tuna, Salad
Cooking Time: 10 min
Yields: 2 servings
This recipe should be a real Keto crowd-pleaser. The mixture of mayonnaise and guacamole makes it an unbelievable source of fat. Find yourself not quite getting all the fat you need to hit your daily macros? No f-ing problem! Just mix up some of this spicy guacamole tuna salad and you'll be golden. Oh, and did I mention it comes damn close to hitting the ketogenic 60/35/5 macro?
If you're interested in making your own low-carb guacamole from scratch, this isn't the recipe for you. This relies on pre-packaged Sabra guacamole. But if you're looking to whip up a delicious and dead-simple meal, give this baby a try. Foods that are high in fat help fill you up and keep you satisfied longer. Listen, we're all craving carbs. But there's no need to cheat when you can make simple high-fat foods with just a few simple ingredients.
Some of you might think, oh no, this recipe needs celery, or onions, or sweet pickle relish. Shut up; no it doesn't. The point of this blog is make ketogenic food that is quick, easy, and tasty. I figure, why spend an extra 10 minutes chopping veggies when you don't have to? Screw that. So enjoy a guacamole tuna salad recipe that keeps it really damn simple. Here's the meal's actual calorie macro:
- Fat: 65%
- Protein: 31%
- Carbs: 4%
|Cilantro flakes aren't pictured. But you get it.|
- 1 cup (2 cans) - Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
(Cal: 240, Fat: 4g, Prot: 52g, Net Carbs: 0)
- 5 Tbsp - Sabra Classic Guacamole
(Cal: 125, Fat: 10g, Prot: 3g, Net Carbs: 5)
- 4 Tbsp - Real Mayonnaise - My Essentials
(Cal: 400, Fat: 44g, Prot: 0g, Net Carbs: 0)
- 1 teaspoon - Black Pepper
(Cal: 5, Fat: 0g, Prot: 0g, Net Carbs: 1)
- 1 teaspoon - Cayenne Pepper
(Cal: 6, Fat: 0g, Prot: 0g, Net Carbs: 1)
- 1 teaspoon - Cilantro Leaves (flakes)
(Cal: 1, Fat: 0g, Prot: 0g, Net Carbs: 0)
- Open tuna cans. Drain the water and scrape the tuna into a bowl.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise inside the bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cilantro, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to bowl.
- Scoop 5 tablespoons of guacamole into the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and evenly. Add additional spices to taste.
- Devour and Keto on!