Spicy Italian Sausage (Egg) Scramble with Peppers, Onions, & Cheese
|Everything tastes better inside some eggs.|
Net Carbs: 15g
Recipe Type: Main Course
Cooking Time: 15 min
Yields: 1 hefty serving
This Keto-friendly Egg Scramble recipe is truly the definition of lazy. Just toss all of your chopped-up ingredients into a skillet with a few eggs and mix. Scrambles are an especially good option when you have orphaned or half-eaten ingredients sitting around your kitchen.
Leftover chicken? Part of a pepper? Fillet of fish? Rogue piece of bacon? Toss it all in to some eggs.
I believe you can mix pretty much anything with eggs and create a delicious breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And the best part is, Scrambles only take a few minutes to make. This recipe uses calorie-conscious Chicken Sausage instead of "real" sausages. But some Ketoers seem to get all fussy if you use "fake" ingredients like turkey bacon or chicken sausage. Relax, bros. Feel free to substitute the real thing if you prefer. Either way, this meal is goddamn delicious.
|Ingredients chopped and ready|
- 1 Cup - Chopped Red Bell Peppers (sweet)
- (Cal: 30, Fat: 0g, Prot: 1g, Net Carbs: 6g)
- 1 Cup - Chopped Onion
(Cal: 70, Fat: 0g, Prot: 2g, Net Carbs: 8g)
- 4 - Jumbo Eggs
(Cal: 360, Fat: 24g, Prot: 32g, Net Carbs: 0g)
- 3 - Thin 'n Trim Chicken Sausage (Spicy Italian)
(Cal: 210, Fat: 8g, Prot: 33g, Net Carbs: 0g)
- 1/4 Cup - Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
(Cal: 80, Fat: 6g, Prot: 8g, Net Carbs: 1g)
- 1 Teaspoon - Cayenne Pepper Powder
(Cal: 0, Fat: 0g, Prot: 0g, Net Carbs: 0g)
- Pre-heat the skillet/pan to medium heat (~300°)
- Chop up your peppers and onions (big enough to eat with a fork)
- Chop the chicken sausage into small cross-sections
- Throw your veggies and sausage into the skillet (no eggs yet). Let them cook for a few minutes
- Crack your 4 eggs into the skillet
- Add your mozzarella cheese right away (so it mixes evenly)
- Use a spatula to scramble the eggs with the veggies/sausage
- Make sure you mix the eggs with all the other ingredients. This ensures the Scramble ingredients end up inside the eggs.
- Mix everything for 3-4 minutes - or until the eggs are cooked
- Add Cayenne Pepper, salt, or any other spices you enjoy
- Enjoy your delicious Keto Scramble.
|Peppers, onion, & sausage simmering|
|Here's the finished recipe (without Instagram). If you can cook eggs, you can cook a delicious Keto Scramble.|